Easy to prepare, chicken breasts are marinated in a sweet and smoky honey chipotle sauce then grilled to juicy perfection.
You all know by now that I secretly want to be on the Food Network. Ok, so perhaps after my recent experience with Mario Batali it’s not such a secret anymore. Even though the thought of competing on Chopped pretty much scares me to death, I love the idea of having to get creative in the kitchen with what you’ve got. In fact, I believe my best creations in the kitchen are made on a whim with whatever I have on hand.
If you aren’t a fan of spicy foods, you will love Tabasco chipotle sauce. It offers a mellow, smoky flavor that is more on the mild side than original red Tabasco. My boys don’t love super spicy foods yet (YET!) so I love cooking with chipotle sauce.
Similar to how you might cook with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or smoked paprika, adding Tabasco chipotle sauce will take any dish to the next level. I love adding it to chili, vinaigrettes, stir-fries and more.
Whenever I grill meat, I always grill extra to throw in a sandwich or bulk up a salad for lunch the next day.
Your fork is waiting.
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, chipotle sauce, salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Marinade for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes per side or until chicken reaches internal cooking temperature of 160°F or higher.
- Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Disclosure: Tabasco has compensated me for my time to participate in the 10 Ingredient Challenge. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.