Easy to prepare, chicken breasts are marinated in a sweet and smoky honey chipotle sauce and then grilled to juicy and tender perfection.
I love the idea of getting creative in the kitchen with what you’ve got. In fact, I believe my best creations are made on a whim with whatever I have on hand. That’s exactly how I created my Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken. A smoky and sweet marinade is created by using a combination of some of my favorite pantry staples including honey, olive oil and chipotle in adobo sauce.
The marinade is tangy and sweet from the honey, but the chipotle adds just the right amount of flavorful kick! It’s the perfect balance of smoky and sweet.
While you could use this marinade on drumsticks or thighs, it’s perfect for chicken breasts. I love to make extra so that I have plenty left for salads, to put in pitas or for taco night! Trust me, you’re going to want lots of leftovers.
Marinating the Chicken
You could definitely marinate over night, but it’s safe to start grilling after only 30 minutes. Those flavors soak in quickly, and it’s one of the many reasons that I love this marinade.
Grilling the Chicken
I normally grill each side for 7-8 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees or higher. They’ll be perfectly tender and juicy at this point. While I love to grill pork, lamb, and beef, I grill chicken more than anything else. It’s low-fat and rich in so many vitamins and minerals. Plus it’s super versatile and easy to reuse throughout the week.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or just need a quick dinner option, this Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken is so flavorful and quick and easy to make. It’s sure to be a new family favorite!
Your fork is waiting.
Chipotle Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce can also substitute Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, chipotle sauce, salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat. Marinade for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes per side or until chicken reaches an internal cooking temperature of 160°F or higher.
- Let meat rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Garnish with scallions.
Want more healthy recipes? Head over to Pinterest!