This summery salad is made with grilled corn and zucchini tossed with creamy feta and fresh basil. The ideal side dish for backyard cookouts and barbecues!
We love summer entertaining, so much so that we just built a brand new deck to accommodate more space for our friends and family!
While there are so many wonderful aspects of grilling season, perhaps what I love most is how easy and effortless grilling makes it to add flavor to just about anything. Case in point: I recently created a grilled corn and zucchini salad that took just about 12 total minutes to create.
As the zucchini and corn grill the natural sugars begin to caramelize creating a sweet and smoky flavor profile that turns a traditionally bland ingredient (sorry zucchini!) into something magical and delicious.
To bring it all together, I toss the grilled corn and zucchini with lemon juice, olive oil, creamy feta, scallions and fresh basil. Bright, summery and full of fresh flavors, you really can’t go wrong with this simple summer side dish recipe.
Depending on what’s in season where you live, feel free to mix and match the ingredients in this grilled summer salad recipe. Asparagus, eggplant, peppers or onions would all be fantastic grilled then tossed with feta and basil.
The options are limitless. Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad with Feta and Basil
- 2 ears corn (shucked)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut in long strips)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup scallions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pre-heat grill over high heat. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with half of half of the olive oil (2 tablespoons) and sprinle with salt and pepper. Place seasoned zucchini slices along with the corn on the cob on the grill. Grill zucchini until tender, about 4-7 minutes, turning once halfway through. Rotate corn every 2 minutes until all sides are slightly charred.
- Remove the veggies from the grill. Uesing a sharp knife, slice the corn into a large bowl. Next, slice the zucchini into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl including feta, basil, scallions, lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Want more delicious salad recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!