This fast and easy grilled pizza recipe is made with bright pesto, fresh mozzarella and topped with a lemony arugula salad.
Grilling season makes me immensely happy – I’m sure I’ve said that 100 times before and I’ll likely say it 100 more. Everything about it is more relaxed and you’re pretty much guaranteed a fool-proof meal.
One dish we’ve been grilling more and more lately is pizza. It comes together in just a couple of minutes which is not only ideal for me but is perfect for my two toddlers who pretty much wanted dinner ready yesterday.
The star of this pizza is the fresh mozzarella that slowly melts and becomes bubbly and slightly golden as it cooks on top of the bright, fragrant pesto. To balance out the flavors, I like to top the whole pizza with a tangy and slightly spicy arugula salad tossed with a little lemon juice and olive oil.
Ideal for a quick weeknight dinner or entertaining friends in the backyard, you’re going to love this simple and easy grilled pizza with pesto and fresh mozzarella.
No forks required.
Grilled Pizza with Pesto and Mozzarella
- 1 inch pre-cooked 12- whole wheat pizza crust such as Trader Joe’s
- ½ cup basil pesto store-bought or homemade
- 8 ounces part-skim fresh mozzarella sliced in ½ in. pieces
- 12 ounces baby arugula
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese and red chili flakes garnish
- Pre-heat grill over medium heat.
- Spread the pesto over the pizza crust then top with slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Grill pizza with the lid open until cheese starts to melt and crust is warmed through, about 8-11 minutes.
- While pizza is cooking, toss arugula with lemon juice/zest and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve pizza sliced with arugula salad on top. Garnish with parmesan cheese and red chili flakes to serve.
Want more Grilling Recipes?