These hearty breakfast bowls are filled with roasted potatoes, cheesy eggs and pico de gallo. The ultimate gluten free, savory breakfast recipe!
I love a good savory breakfast recipe and am always coming up with easy ways to make them fresh to avoid getting stuck in a rut. These cheesy egg and potato breakfast bowls are topped with two of my favorite ingredients: pico de gallo and creamy avocado.
Naturally gluten free and high in protein, these breakfast bowls start with convenient Oven Ready Creamer potatoes from The Little Potato Company.
To save time throughout the week, I’ll roast these convenient oven-ready potatoes on the weekend then reheat them in the microwave during the week when I’m ready to assemble my breakfast bowl.
Available in three tasty flavors, I used the Garlic Herb Oven Ready Little Potatoes but Onion & Chive or Roasted Red Pepper & Onion would work great in these breakfast bowls as well. Pre-washed, bite-sized and quick to prepare, the Creamer potatoes come with a seasoning pack that have no artificial colors or flavors.
For healthy omega-3 fats to help keep you satisfied, I top each bowl with a few slices of creamy avocado. The fresh lime juice from the Pico De Gallo will perfectly complement the avocado.
The avocado pair perfectly with my homemade Pico de Gallo which takes just minutes to make. Alternatively, store-bought salsa would work too.
Not a fan of scrambled eggs? Hard boiled, poached or fried would work just as well. The bottom line: make it your own and have fun with breakfast!
Your fork is waiting.
Healthy Breakfast Bowl with Cheese Egg and Potato
- 1 package Garlic Herb Oven Ready Little Potatoes from The Little Potato Company
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 4 servings Pico de Gallo or store-bought salsa
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- scallions optional garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tear back plastic film on Oven Ready package and remove seasoning pack. Add oil, half of seasoning pack, and stir. Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, prepare Pico de Gallo in a medium bowl; set aside.
- About 5 minutes before the potatoes are done roasting, begin the cheesy eggs. To start, whisk together the eggs in a medium bowl and add in a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, plus a tablespoon of water. Whisk well.
- Pre-heat a medium skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add eggs and cook gently over medium heat, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, for about 2-3 minutes. When eggs look about done, sprinkle in cheese; remove from heat.
- To assemble, divide roasted potatoes between four bowls then top each bowl with equal parts cheesy eggs, pico de Gallo and sliced avocado. Garnish with scallions if you wish.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Brand Ambassador for The Little Potato Company. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Interested in more healthy breakfast inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board!