Pork shoulder is cooked in the instant pot with a sesame ginger sauce until tender in these crowd-pleasing Asian pork tacos.
Asian food and Mexican food are two of my favorite cuisines so whenever I get the change to mash up the two, I’m all over it! Of course, a taco is the most natural medium for Asian-Latin fusion which is what inspired these Instant Pot Asian Pulled Pork Tacos.
While you certainly could make these in the slow cooker, the Instant Pot does cut down on the overall cook time. It’s also great if you’re starting off with a frozen pork roast.
My kids love tacos but my husband isn’t a huge fan so he typically eats the pulled pork over brown rice. If you want to keep it low carb, I love eating it over a bowl of Asian Cabbage Slaw.
The pork is tender, juicy and scented with toasted sesame oil and ginger. For maximum flavor, lightly toast your corn tortillas over an open flame. Sprinkle with lime juice before serving and you’re good to go.
No forks required.
Instant Pot Asian Pork Tacos
- 2 pound pork shoulder boneless
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup soy sauce low sodium
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili paste optional
- corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, cilantro, minced onion optional to serve
- Place pork shoulder in the bottom of the liner pot. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce: water through chili paste. Pour mixture over the pork.
- Close the lid, make sure the vent is closed then press “MEAT/STEW”. Once the timer goes off, release the pressure naturally using NPR. This may take up to 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from pot and shred with two forks. Serve with warm corn tortillas, shredded cabbage, minced onion and cilantro.
Head over to my Pinterest board for more Healthy Mexican recipes!