Transport your tastebuds to Africa with this Moroccan spiced roasted carrots side dish drizzled with a creamy yogurt dressing.
In this Post: Everything you need for Moroccan Spiced Roasted Carrots
One of the reasons I love dining out in restaurants is because I am always inspired to recreate certain dishes in my own way once I get back home. In fact, if you ever find yourself in a cooking rut I urge you to check out a new hot spot in town or hit the road and find a new favorite across town.
Recently I enjoyed a delicious Moroccan carrot salad at a local restaurant downtown. When I got home, I couldn’t wait to try and mimic the flavor profile so I quickly started playing around with classic African spices including turmeric, cinnamon and ground ginger.
To make the carrots sweet and tender I decided to roast them in the oven until they were perfectly caramelized but still firm to the bite. For a quick dressing I whisked together plain yogurt, lemon juice and freshly grated garlic with more of the Moroccan spices.
The end result? Even better than what I tasted at the fancy restaurant. Light, healthy yet so rich in flavor – your entire family will love this simple and delicious carrot side dish recipe.
Your fork is waiting.
Moroccan Spiced Roasted Carrots
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking dish with foil.
- Place carrots in a large resealable plastic bag and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the spices: cinnamon through allspice. Place half of the spice mixture in the bag with the carrots and shake until evenly coated. Spread the carrots evenly on prepared baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, 20-25 minutes.
- While the carrots are roasting, prepare the yogurt dressing by adding the yogurt, lemon juice and garlic into the bowl with the remaining spices. Whisk until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- Serve the carrots on a platter and drizzle with yogurt dressing to serve. Can be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
More Healthy Sides are waiting for you on Pinterest!