An easy one pan chicken dinner recipe, boneless, skinless chicken breasts are brushed with dijon mustard and roasted with broccoli.
Chicken breasts are one of my go-to ingredients for a healthy, protein-packed weeknight dinner but they can get a little boring if you don’t know what to do with them, am I right?
Sheet pan dinners (also known as one pan dinners) are one of my favorite ways to create a lean meal that is full of flavor and requires minimal cleanup.
Ideal for using whatever meat, fish and/or vegetables you have on hand, I love how simple yet satisfying they are to make.
To create this one pan chicken and broccoli recipe at home, you simply drizzle chicken and broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper. I always add a little lemon juice either before I throw it in the oven or when it comes out of the oven.
Then, before baking, you brush each chicken breast with dijon mustard to lock in the juices and add flavor. As the broccoli roasts, it caramelizes and becomes slightly sweet.
To serve, simply slice up the chicken breasts and divide the broccoli between four plates. I like to sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving but that’s optional.
Want more tasty chicken recipes? Head here. Your fork is waiting.
One Pan Roasted Chicken and Broccoli
- 4 six-ounce chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 bunches broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- lemon juice optional, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or line with foil.)
- Place chicken breasts in the center of the baking sheet and scatter broccoli florets around the chicken. Drizzle both the chicken and broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper using tongs to evenly coat.
- Brush each chicken breast with one tablespoon dijon mustard then bake pan for 25 minutes, flipping chicken over around the 15 minute mark.
- Drizzle with lemon juice before serving if you wish.
Want more quick an easy dinner ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!