A riff off the ballpark classic, this sheet pan dinner recipe is made with hearty Italian sausage, buttery Little potatoes, and roasted bell peppers. The perfect busy weeknight dinner recipe!
I’m on a major sheet pan dinner kick and for good reason: they’re versatile, easy to prepare and great for using up whatever produce I have on hand!
My husband is a Bostonian and we spent many years living there together while we were dating. As a result, we have very fond memories of visiting Fenway Park. Of course, you can’t visit Fenway Park without trying one of their famous sausage and pepper subs.
This sheet pan dinner is a riff off the ballpark classic, made more nutritiously with nutrient-packed Creamer potatoes, red bell peppers, and sweet onions.
When roasted, the potatoes and peppers caramelize and the sausages become perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Since The Little Potato Company’s Creamer potatoes are pre-washed, this entire meal is prepped in just a matter of minutes. Once you throw the pan in the oven, dinner practically cooks itself.
To intensify the flavors more, I like to add oregano and fresh rosemary. Additionally, garlic cloves are added in whole which slowly roast in the oven. The roasted garlic turns out creamy and sweet.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving and dinner is done.
Your fork is waiting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s a good substitute for pork sausage?
Chicken or turkey sausage from Traders Joe would work as well.
Can I make this ahead of time?
You can definitely chop your veggies and sausage ahead and store in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
Can I grill this recipe instead?
Absolutely. You can put everything in a grill basket or make a tinfoil packet.
Sheet Pan Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes
- 4 links Italian sausage (uncooked)
- 24 Dynamic Duo or any other varietal by The Little Potato Company (halved)
- 2 red bell peppers (seeded and sliced)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 12 cloves garlic (peeled, whole)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- minced parsley (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the sausage links on the cooking sheet whole or remove from casing and break into large chunks.
- Scatter sheet pan with potatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well with hands to coat evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are golden brown. Garnish with parsley to serve if you wish.
Are you looking for more delicious and EASY dinner ideas? Head over to my Pinterest Board for extra recipes!!