This Greek-inspired sheet pan chicken and vegetables dinner recipe is made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, potatoes, peppers, onions, and hearty eggplant roasted in garlic, olive oil, and oregano. It’s the easiest no-mess dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Having a family of four can make for some very busy days and nights, so anything that can help speed things up and make dinner simpler is more than welcome. That’s why I love one pan or one sheet pan meals, like this Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Vegetables. Take into account the ease that Smart Chicken® adds, and your meal planning just became a whole lot easier.
- Smart Chicken® chicken breasts: Air chilling makes it so that the chicken’s natural flavor is locked in, making the meat more tender, juicy, and delicious.
- Potatoes: Hearty, buttery, and slightly sweet, I like using Yukon gold potatoes because you don’t have to peel them before cooking and eating.
- Red bell peppers: The sweetest of bell peppers, almost has a fruity flavor, while having a great texture when roasted.
- Onion: I used a yellow onion for this meal, which has a strong, but slightly sweet flavor. They caramelize wonderfully with almost any veggie.
- Eggplant: Great source of antioxidants and vitamins, while being another veggie that caramelizes and sweetens up nicely when roasted or grilled.
- Garlic: Nutty, earthy, and a bit spicy, garlic is a staple in almost all of my cooking.
- Oregano: A nice herb to balance all the sweetness of the roasted veggies, oregano is earthy and slightly bitter in flavor.
- Olive Oil: My go-to cooking oil for delicious cooking that stays healthy.
Why Choose Smart Chicken?
Smart Chicken® boasts the only USDA Process Verified “Pure Air Chilled” facility in the USA, and contains no added water. Their free-roaming chickens are raised and handled on family farms without the use of antibiotics. Their commitment to quality and care exceeds the industry’s highest standards, which makes them an easy choice for me and my family.
Here are some of the reasons why I love Smart Chicken®:
- Easy to use, and saves time
- Certified Organic
- No antibiotics
- Certified Humane
- No growth stimulants
- No animal by-products
- Hatched, raised, and harvested in the USA
- Tender, delicious, and flavorful
How to Make Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Vegetables
Start by grabbing two packs of Smart Chicken® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast and laying them out on a tin foil lines baking sheet. The ease of using Smart Chicken® means no worrying about cross contamination, since they can go straight from the package to the pan.
Next, chop up your produce. When cutting large, round produce like Eggplant, I’ll either cut it in half or cut off the edges first so that it can lay flat for easy cutting. Chop your eggplant into bite sized chunks, and sprinkle it around the chicken on the pan.
Then you’ll cut your onion into large chunks. The layers are more flexible, so I don’t worry so much about making them bite sized. Add your onion to the pan.
Finish chopping by cutting your red bell pepper into bite sized pieces and add it to your pan.
Then drizzle the whole thing with some olive oil.
Next you’ll sprinkle your salt, pepper, and oregano, flipping your chicken breasts to coat both sides.
Once everything is evenly coated, throw it in the oven at 450 for about a half an hour, flipping your chicken over half-way through.
It’s finished when veggies are tender and caramelized, and chicken is cooked through. Take it out of the oven, garnish with additional herbs, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Kept in the fridge in an airtight container, leftovers should keep for 3-4 days.
Of course! You can forgo the sheet pan, and just wrap the veggies in some tin foil before putting on the grill. Then throw the chicken straight onto the grill.
I love doing one sheet pan meals like this with pork chops as well.
Easy Ingredient Swaps
- Change out your veggies. You can easily do this recipe with any assortment of vegetables. Switch out the potatoes and yellow onion for sweet potatoes and red onion. Throw in some carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower. Endless possibilities!
- Out of oregano? Thyme, rosemary, or even parsley are all great herb substitutions if you don’t have oregano on hand.
More Recipes to try with Smart Chicken
Regardless of what you’ve got going on during the day, you can rest easy knowing that dinner will be quick. With Smart Chicken® and this Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Vegetables recipe, you can focus on the important things during your busy week.
Your fork is waiting.
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 large onion halved then quartered
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded then cubed
- 1 large eggplant cubed
- 8 medium Yukon gold potatoes quartered
- 10 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 Smart Chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet (lasagna size) with tin foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Scatter the prepared pan with the veggies (onions, peppers, potatoes, garlic and eggplant) then position the chicken breasts in between the veggies on the pan.
- Drizzle chicken and veggies with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Be sure to rotate chicken breasts a couple times to evenly coat on both sides.
- Roast until tender and fully cooked, about 30 minutes, flipping the chicken once halfway through. Serve warm.
Disclosure: This recipe was developed in partnership with Smart Chicken®. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.