A fast and easy side dish recipe, your friends and family will love this warm potato and green bean salad with tomatoes and corn.
Summer entertaining season is in full swing which means I find myself always on the lookout for a fast, easy and healthy dish to bring to a get together.
Whether it’s a backyard BBQ at a neighbor’s house or a beach party at the cottage, I never seem to have enough go-to recipes for gatherings. And since there is usually never a shortage of unhealthy options (hello cupcakes with blue frosting!), I like to bring fresh and healthy recipes that everyone can enjoy.
Most recently I created this warm potato and green bean salad made with tomatoes and corn then drizzled with a garlic-parsley lemon vinaigrette. Yum, right?
The best part is that thanks to The Little Potato Company’s microwavable packages, these potatoes don’t require any boiling or dirtying of yet another dish! Afterall, we have sprinklers to run through.
To celebrate summer I tossed the warm potatoes with green beans, corn and tomatoes but feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand or are in season. This recipe is extremely easy and versatile – the way summer food should be.
Your fork is waiting.
Potato and Green Bean Salad
- 1 container Microwave Ready The Little Potato Company - Garlic Parsley
- 2 cups green beans trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes whole or halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the potatoes according to package instructions and place in a large bowl reserving the herb seasoning packet for later.
- While the potatoes are cooking, boil the green beans until bright green in boiling water, about 3-4 minutes, adding the corn kernels 1 minute before the cooking time is over. Drain the beans and corn then add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and reserved garlic-parsley herb packet. Drizzle on top of the vegetables and toss well
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
For more great salad recipes check out my Pinterest board!