This hearty soup recipe is made with spicy Italian sausage, white beans, sweet potatoes and kale. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner recipe!
The fall is a busy time of year in all of the best possible ways. Between after school activities, sports, evening work events and more, I am always looking for a way to get dinner on the table faster.
Hearty one-pot meals like this Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato Soup not only feed a crowd but the entire dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. Full of protein-packed sausage, hearty beans and nutrient-packed veggies, each bowl leaves you satisfied and feeling good.
To save even more time during the busy week, Kroger’s online shopping service, ClickList, makes it even EASIER to grocery shop by allowing you to do it right from home in the comfort of your pajamas.
Once you’ve completed your order you simply pick a date and time in the coming days for you to drive to your nearest Kroger and the order will be brought out right to your car. It doesn’t get any better, does it?
One final time saving tip: make a double batch of this soup and freeze the 2nd for another busy night when dinner is the last thing on your mind! This Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato soup recipe is extremely freezer friendly and will last for up to 3 months in an air-tight container.
Your spoon is waiting
Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 Kroger Italian sausage links casings removed sweet or spicy
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 cups Simple Truth Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 15 ounce can Simple Truth Organic Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups torn kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved parmesan cheese to serve optional
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Cook sausage until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 8-9 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan with the sausage drippings, add the onions and carrots. Cook until translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and oregano and heat for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and return cooked sausage to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring entire pot to a boil then add in the sweet potatoes and beans. Return to a boil then reduce to simmer. Heat until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in the kale and cook until bright green, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in large soup bowls with shaved parmesan cheese if you wish.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be an ambassador for Kroger. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Try more of my soup recipes by looking at my Pinterest Board!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.