This hearty soup recipe is made with spicy Italian sausage, white beans, sweet potatoes and kale. Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner recipe!
The fall is a busy time of year in all of the best possible ways. Between after school activities, sports, evening work events and more, I am always looking for a way to get dinner on the table faster.
Hearty one-pot meals like this Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato Soup not only feed a crowd but the entire dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. Full of protein-packed sausage, hearty beans and nutrient-packed veggies, each bowl leaves you satisfied and feeling good.
One final time saving tip: make a double batch of this soup and freeze the 2nd for another busy night when dinner is the last thing on your mind! This Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato soup recipe is extremely freezer friendly and will last for up to 3 months in an air-tight container.
Your spoon is waiting
Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 Italian sausage links (casings removed sweet or spicy)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 cups Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 15 ounce Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups torn kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved parmesan cheese (to serve optional)
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Cook sausage until golden brown, stirring frequently, about 8-9 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan with the sausage drippings, add the onions and carrots. Cook until translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and oregano and heat for another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and return cooked sausage to the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring entire pot to a boil then add in the sweet potatoes and beans. Return to a boil then reduce to simmer. Heat until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in the kale and cook until bright green, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in large soup bowls with shaved parmesan cheese if you wish.
Try more of my soup recipes by looking at my Pinterest Board!
12 thoughts on “Sausage, Bean and Sweet Potato Soup”
This looks so delicious! Perfect for fall dinners!
These kind of meals are my go-to on busy nights since I always have the ingredients. Looks delish!
Exactly!! I love pantry dinners!
This looks delish! I have a Kroger down the street and I’m absolutely trying Clicklist soon!
You’re going to love it! Such a time saver!
Ohhh yes. This soup looks so comforting!
One of our go-to’s!!
I LOVE the idea of doubling this soup (or any soup!!). How did I not think of this?? Can’t wait to try this recipe, Liz!
YES!!! It’s so great for having a healthy lunch later in the week!
How convenient is THAT to have the order all ready and brought to your car! I don’t have a Kroger nearby, but we do have Ralphs (same company, I believe), and I do hope they add that feature for Ralphs stores, too! Pinning and sharing your delicious looking soup. YUM!
Right?? So easy! Ralph’s is part of the Kroger family!!