This garlic swiss chard stir fry recipe makes not only a tasty entree but is full of antioxidants, readily available and taste delicious.
Swiss Chard is amazing and can find it at your favorite farmers market. They look like dark leafy greens with multicolored stems and taste like a cross between a beet and spinach. When prepared properly they not only taste wonderful but contain a number of health benefits.
Summer is not the time to be slaving around the stove for hours. In fact, a quick saute is all this beautiful, delicate swiss chard requires. This recipe is more of a method and will work perfectly with any leafy green you find at the market. The key is to stop cooking when the leaves turn bright green. Yes, we eat the stems too! If you’ve been serving brown spinach to your family, you are over cooking the greens and likely losing vital nutrients.
Have 5 minutes? Let’s make it happen.
Your fork is waiting.
Sauteed Swiss Chard with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 12 c Swiss chard roughly chopped
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- ½ tsp red chili flakes optional
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Pre-heat a saute pan on medium high heat then add olive oil.
- Saute chard in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until leaves turn bright green.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and saute additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and toss with lemon juice just before serving.