This Bloody Mary recipe gets a spicy kick from homemade jalapeño-infused vodka that’s easy to make and pairs perfectly with the smoky, salty bacon garnish.
There is so much to love about a good Bloody Mary. Easy to prep ahead, great for entertaining a crowd, delicious spiked or virgin, and relatively low in calorie, I love making them at home so that I can add in all of my favorite ingredients and garnishes.
Because let’s be honest, when made right, a Bloody Mary is almost as filling as a meal. That is definitely the case with my over-the-top bacon garnish filled with pickles, salami and other goodies.
Would you like to try a sip? While I’ve used jalapeño infused vodka, this would be just as delicious with traditional vodka. Heck, it would be great without any vodka at all.
Spicy horseradish is the perfect balance to the salty pickle juice and tart lemon juice. A little Worcestershire sauce is added for good measure (and umami.)
Call your friends and invite them over for a batch of Bloody Mary’s! Pro Tip: Make extra bacon for snacking. Your friends will thank me.
Your straw is waiting.
Spicy Bloody Mary With Smoky Bacon
- 16 ounces tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and/or celery salt optional to rim the glass
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced
Garnish Stick (optional)
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 baby pickles
- 4 slices salami
- 4 wedges lime
- 4 slices lemon
- 4 slices jalapeño
- Start by placing the sliced jalapeño pepper in a glass dish and covering with the vodka. Let steep in the refrigerator for 3 days. Alternatively, if you're in a time crunch, you can purchase spicy vodka or muddle minced jalapeño peppers in vodka then strain.
- To a glass pitcher, combine strained jalapeño vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, pickle juice, horseradish and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- If you wish to rim the glasses, pour salt and/or celery salt on a small place. Use a lime wedge to moisten the rim of each glass then carefully run the rim of each glass around the salt rub.
- Fill each glass with ice then fill with with the tomato vodka mixture. Garnish with optional toppings if you wish before serving.
Check out my Pinterest board for more drink recipes!