The ultimate party appetizer recipe or edible gift, these sweet and savory mixed nuts are always a crowd pleaser!
With the holiday entertaining season in full force, I’m always in need of easy hostess gifts, appetizers and goodies to pass out to friends and family.
The nuts are roasted in a little butter then tossed with brown sugar, rosemary, and other spices.
They take just minutes to prepare these sweet and savory mixed nuts the ultimate last-minute party dish or make-ahead hostess gift to have on hand all season long.
Don’t have these particular nuts? No problem! Any type will work including pecans, hazelnuts, and more.
Just do yourself a favor and make an extra batch to keep for yourself. You’ll be so glad you did.
No forks required.
Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts
- 8 ounces walnuts ( halved)
- 8 ounces almonds ( whole)
- 8 ounces cashews
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix nuts with melted butter in a large bowl then spread in an even layer on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted and brown.
- Return nuts to the same bowl and toss with remaining spices (brown sugar though cayenne) then serve warm or store in air-tight container for up to 10 days.