The ultimate party appetizer recipe or edible gift, these sweet and savory mixed nuts are always a crowd pleaser!
With the holiday entertaining season in full force, I’m always in need of easy hostess gifts, appetizers and goodies to pass out to friends and family.
These sweet and savory mixed nuts are not only easy to make, but they are packed with heart-healthy True Goodness nuts including cashews, almonds, and walnuts.
The nuts are roasted in a little butter then tossed with brown sugar, rosemary, and other spices.
They take just minutes to prepare these sweet and savory mixed nuts the ultimate last-minute party dish or make-ahead hostess gift to have on hand all season long.
To make my life even easier, I get all of my ingredients online using the shop Meijer website. By having someone else grocery shop, I save precious time that can be spent with my family or in the kitchen (my favorite place in the home this time of year!)
Don’t have these particular nuts? No problem! Any type will work including pecans, hazelnuts, and more.
Just do yourself a favor and make an extra batch to keep for yourself. You’ll be so glad you did.
No forks required.
Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts
- 8 ounces True Goodness Walnut Pieces or equivelent
- 8 ounces True Goodness Almonds or equivalent
- 8 ounces True Goodness Cashews or equivalent
- 2 tablespoons True Goodness unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons True Goodness brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix nuts with melted butter in a large bowl then spread in an even layer on baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted and brown.
- Return nuts to the same bowl and toss with remaining spices (brown sugar though cayenne) then serve warm or store in air-tight container for up to 10 days.
Disclosure: This post is written in partnership with Meijer. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible.