A healthy alternative to traditional fettuccini alfredo, this naturally gluten-free pasta recipe is made with nutrient-rich sweet potato noodles.
Fall is sweet potato season but if I’m being honest with you, we have them in our kitchen all year round. Quick-cooking, versatile, affordable and packed with nutrients, I love feeding sweet potatoes to my family.
Since my boys happen to be obsessed with pasta, I’ve been experimenting with sweet potato noodles as a healthier alternative. We have enjoyed sweet potato noodles in the past so I decided to try tossing them in a simple alfredo sauce.
Rich, creamy and slightly sweet, these sweet potato noodles with alfredo sauce are a family favorite. Serve with grilled chicken or shrimp and a simple side salad and dinner is done.
Your fork is waiting.
Sweet Potato Noodles with Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated parmigiana reggiano
- 2 sweet potatoes (spiralized)
- Heat butter in a medium pan over medium heat until melted. Whisk in the cream, salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Reduce to low and stir in cheese until melted. Toss in the sweet potato noodles and heat until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
5 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Noodles with Alfredo Sauce”
This was delicious!!! I added some marinated grilled shrimp.
Oh perfect that sounds great!
Do we eat the sweet potato noodles uncooked?
They cook in the sauce!
Can this dish be made ahead of time? I was thinking of bringing it for Thanksgiving.