A healthy alternative to traditional fettuccini alfredo, this naturally gluten free pasta recipe is made with nutrient-rich sweet potato noodles.
Fall is sweet potato season but if I’m being honest with you, we have them in our kitchen all year round. Quick-cooking, versatile, affordable and packed with nutrients, I love feeding sweet potatoes to my family.
Since my boys happen to be obsessed with pasta, I’ve been experimenting with sweet potato noodles as a healthier alternative. We have enjoyed sweet potato noodles in the past so I decided to try tossing them in a simple alfredo sauce.
Rich, creamy and slightly sweet, these sweet potato noodles with alfredo sauce are a family favorite. Serve with grilled chicken or shrimp and a simple side salad and dinner is done.
Your fork is waiting.
Sweet Potato Noodles with Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiana reggiano
- 2 sweet potatoes spiralized
- Heat butter in a medium pan over medium heat until melted. Whisk in the cream, salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Reduce to low and stir in cheese until melted. Toss in the sweet potato noodles and heat until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
To view more of my gluten free recipes, check out my Pinterest board!