A flavorful yogurt-based marinade results in juicy, tender chicken breasts bursting with warm Indian spices.
When dining out, I almost always prefer an ethnic restaurant over American fare. I’ve never been much for a burger and unfortunately for my husband, I could live the rest of my life without eating another piece of pizza.
My general motto is to eat at restaurants serving food I can’t easily make at home rather than suffer through another grilled chicken salad with no taste.
Grilled Tandoori Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c low fat plain yogurt strained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tbs grated ginger root
- Cilantro and thinly sliced onion garnish
- Place all ingredients in a large Zip-log bag and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat grill. When grill is hot, add chicken breasts and grill for 7 minutes per side, rotating twice per side.
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro and thinly sliced onion.
Want more tasty recipes like this? Head over to Pinterest!