Ready in just 20 minutes, these fresh and flavor-packed Thai beef lettuce cups are high protein, low carb and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
Thai food is one of my favorite cuisines – both for dining out and cooking at home. Salt, sour, sweet and spicy, Thai recipes are always perfectly balanced and full of flavor.
To help my friends at RXBar celebrate the launch of their brand new multi-serve nut butter containers, I decided to create a quick and easy 20 minute dinner recipe: Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Dipping Sauce.
For this particular recipe I decided to use the traditional Peanut Butter but you can now get ALL of your favorite flavors in the multi-serve container including Vanilla Almond Butter, Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter, Maple Almond Butter, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Almond Butter.
What’s great about every flavor is that they are made with simple ingredients you can pronounce and provide 9 grams of protein per serving.
Traditionally when making a Thai peanut dipping sauce I would have to add brown sugar for sweetness but using the RXBar peanut butter naturally sweetened with dates eliminates the need for any added sugar.
Flank steak is marinaded with lime juice, garlic, fish sauce and other basic Asian pantry staples before being grilled to a perfect, medium rare temperature.
As always, be sure to let your meat rest at least ten minutes before slicing so that the natural juices can redistribute.
To serve, I love creating a large platter filled with lettuce, slices of steak, the peanut dipping sauce and plenty of toppings such as carrots, onions, lime wedges and jalapeño slices.
Your friends and family can make their own wraps and either dip or drizzle the peanut sauce on top before eating.
No forks required.
Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 head Bibb lettuce leaves separated
Thai Marinated Flank Steak
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag. Whisk together marinade ingredients in a medium bowl (garlic through chili paste) and pour over the beef. Seal tightly and marinade for 30 minutes or overnight.
- When you're ready to prepare the lettuce wraps, pre-heat grill to high heat. Grill steak about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. (Longer if you prefer well done.) Remove steak from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is grilling, whisk together the peanut dipping sauce: RXBar Peanut Butter through chili paste; set aside.
- When meat is done resting, thinly slice against the grain. Place a slice of meat inside the lettuce leaves and garnish with optional toppings. Dip or drizzle with peanut sauce to serve.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with RXBAR. Photography by Alejandro Photography. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible!
If you love this recipe, you have to check out my Pinterest board!