Spicy (chili garlic paste)
Salty (soy sauce)
Sour (lime juice)
Sweet (brown sugar, peanut butter)
Tonight I served this dish to a friend who gave me the ultimate compliment: “It tastes like I’m in Chicago!” As my fellow Grand Rapidians know, we have to go to Chicago to get fabulous Thai food. Well apparently, not any more.
Your fork is waiting.
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 1 tbs ginger grated
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Wisk together yogurt with ginger, curry powder, garlic, salt and pepper before pouring into a large zip-lock bag.
- Add chicken breasts and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- To prepare sauce, combine peanut butter with chili garlic paste, brown sugar, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Use a wisk to combine until smooth.
- Add hot water to thin out the sauce - feel free to add more or less to taste.
- When ready to cook chicken, turn broiler on high.
- Broil for 5 minutes per side and serve with peanut sauce on side.