Bright and fragrant, this Thai Green Curry Chicken and Asparagus stir-fry recipe is easy to make and comes together in less than 20 minutes. The ultimate fast dinner recipe!
The secret to this fast and easy stir-fry recipe is the green curry sauce made with coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, fish sauce, and Thai green curry paste. By always keeping a well-stocked Asian pantry, this fast dinner recipe is always within reach.
Asparagus is in season right now and I always have chicken on hand but feel free to use shrimp, pork or tofu with any veggies you have on hand.
Your chop sticks are waiting.
Thai Green Curry Chicken with Asparagus
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, boneless skinless (cut in cubes)
- 12 spears asparagus (cut in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (light)
- 1 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- brown rice to serve (optional)
- cilantro, scallions (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat a large wok or skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Saute until brown, about 7-9 minutes; remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same hot skillet, add the asparagus and saute until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- While the asparagus is cooking, whisk together all remaining ingredients (coconut milk through curry paste) in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken back to the hot pan and pour in the sauce. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer curry for 7-9 minutes before serving over rice. Garnish with cilantro and scallions if you wish.