Turkey burgers are a staple in our house all year round but I especially enjoy making them when I can grill outdoors. Adding sauteed garlicky spinach is a great way to add moisture, boost flavor and fill your family’s dinner with vitamins and nutrients. Leafy greens are a vital component to a healthy diet and most of us aren’t getting enough of them. If you’re worried about picky eaters, you could certainly mince the spinach and hide it on them.
My picky husband ate two of these and gave rave reviews. In our house, that the same as a 2 year old’s approval.
Your grill is waiting.
Turkey Burgers with Spinach
- 4 c spinach
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 20 oz ground turkey breast
- 2 tbs onion grated
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning such as McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 in sundried tomatoes packed oil minced
- Pre-heat the grill to high.
- Heat medium frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds before adding spinach and Worcestershire sauce.
- Saute for 5 minutes until wilted; set aside to cool in a medium bowl.
- Once spinach has cooled, use a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Add ground turkey, grated onion, grill seasoning and sundried tomatoes.
- Form into burgers and grill until well done (about 4-5 minutes per side depending on thickness.)