Filled with chocolate peanut butter goodness, these pancakes are naturally gluten free, 100% whole grain and packed with protein to give you lasting energy.
Did you know that February is National Pancake Month? Talk about a holiday I can get excited about! I’m not sure if you noticed, but my goal in life is to create guilt free versions of pancakes that I can enjoy on a daily basis. What can I say? I’ve always been ambitious.
Chocolate and peanut butter is probably one of my top flavor combinations of all time. Of course, I couldn’t leave banana out of the party so I decided to throw one in for added fiber and natural sweetness. Since protein is the name of the game when it comes to long lasting energy, I decided to throw in some Stonyfield Greek yogurt and a scoop of my favorite protein powder for good measure.
My husband has the sweet tooth in the family so he requested a drizzle of pure maple syrup but they are certainly sweet enough on their own to skip it. Each batch makes 16 thin pancakes but if you prefer them on the thicker side just skip the milk. I’ve always been part of the “more is better” club when it comes to pancakes.
Your fork is waiting.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup Stonyfield plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or cow's milk)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- fresh berries and pure maple syrup - optional garnish
- Pre-heat griddle over medium high heat.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray and slowly pour batter ¼ cup at a time. Cook until bubbles begin to form then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until the pancake puffs up slightly and is lightly browned.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Garnish with berries and pure maple syrup if you wish.
If you prefer thicker pancakes, skip the almond milk.
I am honored to be a member of the Stonyfield Clean Plate Club. I received product or coupons for writing this post, but all opinions are my own.