Banana Buckwheat Protein Pancakes are naturally gluten-free and 100% whole grain – a perfect breakfast any day of the week.
Certain foods will always remind me of my mother and buckwheat is one of them. More specifically, buckwheat pancakes. While my friends were enjoying chocolate chip pancakes and Belgium waffles every weekend, we were most likely eating buckwheat pancakes, steel cut oats or cream of wheat.
Now that I have kids of my own, I can’t tell you how grateful I am that my mother taught us to appreciate whole foods with texture and flavor. Traditional pancakes made with white flour not only lack vitamins and nutrients but they are essentially all sugar which means you will be craving more sugar (read: more pancakes and syrup) even after eating a giant stack.
Made with Bob’s Red Mill Organic Creamy Buckwheat Hot Cereal and Whey Protein, these mouth-watering Banana Buckwheat Protein Pancakes are naturally gluten-free and 100% whole grain. Each serving is packed with over 17g protein to give you long-lasting energy and help avoid the usual post-pancake sugar crash.
My husband loves drizzling them with a little pure maple syrup but I thought they were sweet enough on their own thanks to super-ripe bananas in the batter. Serve with fresh berries or extra bananas and you’re good to go.
Your fork is waiting.
Banana Whey Protein Pancakes
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and puree until batter is smooth.
- Pre-heat griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour batter on to pan, ¼ cup at a time, and heat until bubbles begin to form – about 1-2 minutes. Flip and brown the other side, cooking for another minute or two.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve with fresh berries and pure maple syrup if you wish.