This quick and easy breakfast taco recipe is made with scrambled eggs and savory chorizo sausage then drizzled with salsa verde.
It can be easy to get stuck in a breakfast rut (believe me, I get stuck in them frequently!) but these savory tacos with eggs and chorizo will break you free.
To make them, you simply sauté Spanish chorizo in a pan until golden brown. If you’ve never had chorizo before, it’s a Spanish pork sausage filled with garlic and spices. While it is flavorful, it’s not particularly spicy.
Scrambled eggs work best for these tacos and you’re welcome to add in a little cheese while cooking the eggs but that’s completely optional. Queso fresco would be my cheese of choice.
For serving, I love to use jarred or homemade salsa verde. Light and tangy, it balances perfectly with the eggs, chorizo and warmed corn tortillas. If you’ve never made salsa verde before, try out my Authentic Mexican Salsa Verde recipe.
To serve, I love to sprinkle with scallions, cilantro and lime but sour cream or minced onions would be great too. You can also keep it simple and skip the garnishes.
Final Pro Tip: Be sure to lightly sauté the corn tortillas before serving. You want to be sure the tortillas are warm and pliable so they don’t fall apart while eating.
No forks required.
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Tacos
- 4 ounces chorizo (uncooked)
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- salsa verde, cilantro, minced onion, scallions, sour cream (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add chorizo to the pan and saute until golden browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes, using a wooden spoon to break down into crumbles; remove from pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs along with 2 tablespoons of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook eggs over medium heat in the same skillet used to cook the chorizo (for added flavor). Heat until reached desired doneness; set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan and gently warm the corn tortillas, about 60 seconds per side, until warm and pliable. To serve, fill tortillas with scrambled eggs and sprinkle with chorizo. Garnish with salsa verder, scallions and any other garnishes you wish.
Want more delicious breakfast recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!