These cheesy vegetable baked egg cups are made with sauteed veggies, eggs and cheese. The perfect high protein, low carb breakfast recipe, these egg cups are ideal for prepping ahead for busy meals on-the-go!
Eggs are my go-to breakfast of choice almost every morning. Usually, it’s a quick fried egg or two while I’m getting my boys out the door to school but I get the chance, I love to prep a big batch of baked egg cups on Sunday to reheat all week long.
The method is simple and can be swapped out with any veggies, meats or cheeses you have on hand. Most recently I created a vegetarian egg, cheese and veggie version of the baked egg cups but in the past I’ve used ham, sausage and even black beans.
Of course, you can’t have egg bakes without a little cheese. For these, I used shredded Colby jack but feel free to use any shredded cheese you have on hand or even feta cheese.
You can enjoy them warm out of the oven if you’re feeding a crowd or serving brunch. Alternatively, they reheat great all week long. Simply keep them stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
What ingredients would you add in? I’d love to hear from you. Your fork is waiting.
Cheesy Vegetable Baked Egg Cups
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced veggies (such as onions, peppers, asparagus, etc.)
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (any type)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or use a silicone pan.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until veggies are tender, about 7-9 minutes.
- While veggies are sauteing, use a large bowl and whisk together eggs and milk until light and fluffy; set aside.
- Divide cooked veggies evenly between all 12 muffin tins. Pour egg mixture evenly on top of each cup then sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Find more healthy breakfast recipes on my Pinterest!