A quick and healthy side dish recipe, this hearty cheesy pesto farro is easy to make and full of protein and fiber.
Do you ever find yourself in a side dish rut? Don’t worry, it happens to all of us. This cheesy pesto farro is just what the dinner doctor ordered.
I don’t know about you but in my house, the simplest side dish recipes are always the most popular. In this five ingredient recipe, Bob’s Red Mill farro is tossed with basil pesto, parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic.
It couldn’t be easier to make or more delicious. If you’ve never cooked farro before, I urge you to try it. Chewy, hearty and packed with protein and fiber, it’s one of my favorite ancient grains.
Your fork is waiting.
Cheesy Pesto Farro
- Prepare farro according to package instructions. Strain any excess liquid and return to the same pan.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, pesto, olive oil and garlic to the cooked farro. Heat on low until cheese melts and farro is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and parsley if you wish.
Looking for some other inspiration to use Farro? Check out these other great recipes:
- Farro Recipes: 21 Ways With The Ancient Grain
- 10 Easy, Healthy Farro Recipes
- 19 Farro Recipes That Make You Wonder Why It’s Taken You So Long to Eat It
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Take a look at my Pinterest board to get some healthy and easy dinner recipes!