If you’re looking for a dessert cocktail, look no further than this cool, creamy chocolate martini recipe made with Irish cream, chocolate liqueur, and vodka.
Today, we are recreating one of my favorite restaurant cocktails – the chocolate martini. Creamy. Sweet. Decadent. Just a few words that come to mind when I think of this drink. You don’t need to go out to enjoy this delicious cocktail, it’s actually super simple to make at home with just 4 ingredients! Date night, girls night, or self-care night all just became a whole lot sweeter.
- Irish cream liqueur: Creamy and rich with hints of chocolate and vanilla flavor.
- Vodka: Depending on the brand, it’s clean, smooth texture and taste helps to balance out the sweet chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate: liqueur: The taste will differ based on the brand, but it will still have a distinctly rich, sweet flavor like chocolate.
- Chocolate syrup: A sweet and fun chocolate taste and garnish.
How to Make a Chococlate Martini
Start your chocolate martini by taking your chilled martini glasses and giving each and drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Then fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka and Irish cream.
Followed by the chocolate syrup and chocolate liqueur.
Shake your cocktail for at least 45 seconds until evenly mixed and chilled.
Then pour into your glasses.
Serve and enjoy your sweet and creamy Chocolate Martini.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What to pair with chocolate martini?
Cheese goes well with chocolate, so if you’re looking for an appetizer type food, try a baked brie..
Can I substitute creme de cacao for chocolate liqueur?
Yes, you can! It may change the texture of the drink a bit, but as long as you’re not missing out on the signature chocolate flavor then experiment away!
Can I make a chocolate martini mocktail?
This recipe uses mostly alcoholic ingredients, but you could make something like a chocolate martini using milk, chocolate syrup, and maybe throwing in some cold brew coffee!
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- Spicy Jalapeño Margarita
- Lemon Basil White Wine Spritzer
- Spicy Grapefruit Paloma
- Kir Royale
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
If you’re having a date night at home or just craving a chocolate martini, just follow this simple 4-ingredient recipe and feel just as fancy right at home.
Your straw is waiting.
- 6 ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces chocolate liqueur
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup (plus extra for garnish)
- Chill martini glasses for 30 minutes or longer before serving.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients (Irish cream liqueur through chocolate syrup.) Shake for at least 45 seconds before pouring between four chilled martini glasses. Garnish with extra chocolate syrup if you wish before serving.
1 thought on “Chocolate Martini”
This is a Great Recipe! We Loved! Thank you!