Coconut flour and coconut oil give these chewy gluten and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies a delicious subtle coconut background flavor.
In this Post: Everything you need for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies With Coconut Flour
Whether it’s a classroom treat for my kids or a quick and easy dessert recipe for a party I’m hosting, I am always looking for allergen-friendly cookie recipes.
These soft and chewy chocolate cookies are both gluten and dairy-free relying on one very special ingredient: coconut flour.
If you’re hosting friends and family this holiday season, or gifting cookies for neighbors, this soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe is perfect for anyone who may be gluten sensitive or lactose intolerant.
Full disclosure: baking frightens me but after recent success with my Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies made with almond flour, I decided to give it another go with coconut flour. Since I wanted to use coconut oil instead of butter, I decided to make them completely dairy-free by using Enjoy Life mini chips which are both gluten and dairy-free. And quite tasty, might I add!
Whether you are gluten-free, dairy-free or simply want a healthier chocolate chip cookie, you will not be disappointed with these babies! My husband ate two of them in 90 seconds and believe me, he could care less that these are made with heart-healthy coconut oil.
If you’ve never worked with coconut flour before, it’s important to note that coconut flour is very absorbent which is why very little is needed to make a large batch of cookies. I always notice that if the batter sits for a few minutes, it immediately firms up as the coconut flour absorbs the liquid.
Have I convinced you to try these cookies yet? Your family is waiting.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies With Coconut Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs with melted coconut oil, date sugar, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in coconut flour and chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies using two teaspoons or a small ice cream scoop evenly between two baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from pan.
Want more delicious baking recipes? Check out my Pinterest Board!