Your favorite Chinese takeout dish gets a healthy makeover with zucchini noodles in this Cold Sesame Peanut Zoodles bowl!
It takes awhile for our weather to warm up here in Michigan but once it does it is always well worth the wait. Even though I’m envious of folks eating asparagus and strawberries in April, I love that we are still knee deep in tomatoes, corn and zucchini well into September.
If you’re into healthy eating, you’re probably no stranger to zucchini noodles. In fact, I’ve been talking about them ever since I first introduced you to my friend Ali when she shared her Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Pasta with us last year. Versatile, affordable and naturally nutritious, vegetable noodles are a healthy cook’s secret weapon.
Well, my girl Ali is at it again and I’m thrilled to announce that she has designed and branded her very own spiralizer, The Inspiralizer. Sold exclusively on Inspiralized.com, Ali has created the ultimate vegetable spiralizer that is light weight, easy to use and simple to clean.
To celebrate, I created a healthy twist on the take-out classic: Cold Sesame Peanut Noodles… or zoodles in this case. Creamy peanut butter, toasted sesame oil and a splash of soy sauce and rice vinegar coat each silky strand of zucchini.
Topped with a sprinkle of scallions, crushed peanuts and black roasted sesame seeds, make-your-own takeout never tasted so good.
Your fork is waiting.
Cold Sesame Peanut Zoodles
- 2 large zucchinis (Blade D, noodles trimmed)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- scallions (chopped peanuts & black roasted sesame seeds - optional garnish)
- In a large bowl, whisk together sesame peanut vinaigrette (peanut butter through salt) and check for seasoning; adjust accordingly.
- Add zucchini noodles to the bowl and toss well. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with scallions, chopped peanuts and black roasted sesame seeds to serve.