Perfect for entertaining, these stuffed mushrooms are brimming with tender, lump crab meat and a garlicky Panko topping! This post is written in partnership with Erath wine.
When it comes to celebrating the holidays with my family, it always comes back to the food for me. From delicious appetizers like my bacon-wrapped potatoes, to decadent desserts like this vegan chocolate mousse, and everything in between, there is nothing quite like getting together with those you love to enjoy a meal.
While the holidays may look a bit different this year, one thing is for sure: I will still be keeping my intimate gatherings merry and bright with the help of a little red wine. Luckily, Erath wine has the perfect selection to meet all your holiday needs. Located in Portland, Oregon, Erath has cultivated its land for over 40 years in order to deliver the finest wines right to your door. Great for cooking and sipping alike, there’s no better wine for the season.
When picking a recipe to pair perfectly with Erath pinot noir, I immediately thought of mushrooms. Earthy, meaty, and easy to find all year round, nothing says festive quite like an over-stuffed mushroom filled with tender crab.
If you’ve never made stuffed mushrooms at home, don’t be intimated! They are versatile, easy and come together in 30 minutes or less. That’s it!
So, go ahead and pour yourself a glass! Even better, pair it with these high-protein stuffed mushrooms for a healthy snack. Who knew self-care could be so tasty?
Button, Cremini, or Portabella mushrooms work best with this recipe as their shape easily holds the stuffing, and their flavor is subtle unlike hearty mushrooms such as Shiitake or Oyster.
Of course, serve them however you prefer! In fact, Erath has a wonderful selection of white wines as well. However, the richness of red wine works best in order to bring out and compliment the meaty flavor of mushrooms.
I would not recommend making this recipe far in advance. It is likely that the mushrooms would become soggy. In addition, reheating them may cause them to burn!
These stuffed mushrooms are guaranteed to be a hit at any party, but don’t forget to bring a gift! Luckily, Erath ships across the United States. So, you can share your favorite flavor with a friend, or let them pick their own. Either way, they won’t be disappointed!
Your fork is waiting. Cheers!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 32 mushrooms stuffing size (larger the better!)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces lump crab meat cooked
- 8 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a damp paper towel, gently clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place the mushroom caps in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roughly chop the reserved mushroom stems and set aside.
- Pre-heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chopped mushroom stems to the pan and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mince in the garlic then begin stirring the mushrooms until they soften, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl.
- To the large bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Stuff each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of the filling. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley to serve. Enjoy with Erath Pinot Noir.