Chickpeas are lightly tossed with truffle salt and roasted to create a crispy, addictive and guilt-free salty snack.
As you’ve probably gathered by now, I have a major salty tooth. I will take a cheese platter over a tray of cupcakes any day of the week! When it comes to healthy snacking, these Crispy Baked Chickpeas with Truffle Salt are the ideal balance of satisfying crunch and protein-packed nutrition.
The key to making these baked chickpeas as crispy as possible is to pat them dry with paper towel once you’ve rinsed off the canning liquid. Not only does this process remove unnecessary sodium but it ensures optimal crunch faction at the end. If you’re feeling ambitious, you are welcome to pop the skin off the chickpeas but I am a huge fan of leaving it on for added fiber.
Truffle salt can be found at most specialty food stores, spice shops or online. While it is a bit pricey, a little goes a long way thanks to the deep, nutty flavor of the truffle mushrooms. These are great for stashing in the car, bringing to work for a mid-day snack or keeping in your gym bag for post-workout fuel. They will stay fresh in an airtight container for several days but they are most crunchy right out of the oven.
Crispy Baked Chickpeas
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once you've drained and rinsed the chickpeas, lay them out on a baking sheet and pat dry with paper towel. (The drier the chickpeas, the crispier the end result.)
- Drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil and sprinkle with truffle salt. Toss well to coat.
- Bake until crispy, 40-45 minutes.