A fast and easy side dish recipe, asparagus is coated with lemon and za’atar and grilled until slightly charred.
Whenever anyone tries my salad for the first time, I’m always asked: “What is the secret ingredient?” The answer is simple: za’atar.
Frequently asked questions:
ou can find it at any Middle Eastern grocery store or online with a quick Google search for “za’atar”. Better yet, you can make it yourself with this quick recipe: Za’atar Recipe.
Another common and tasty way to eat za’atar is to mix it with a little olive oil and brush on top of pita bread. It is also delicious sprinkled on top of eggs or a platter of ripe tomatoes.
Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Za’atar
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs za’atar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat grill to medium high.
- Wash and trim asparagus then place in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, za'atar, salt and pepper to the bag and seal tightly.
- Shake bag well to evenly coat the asparagus.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes per side and serve with extra lemon.
Want more healthy recipes? Head over to Pinterest!