These sushi-inspired Cucumber Hummus Bites are scented with toasted sesame oil then topped with pickled ginger and roasted sesame seeds. The ultimate healthy snack recipe!
Two ingredients I always have in my refrigerator are Sabra hummus and English cucumbers. My boys will eat hummus with anything from a spoon to apple slices and the same goes for cucumbers. In fact, we frequently whip up a quick batch of my Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers to snack on while I’m cooking dinner.
Whether or not you have little ones at home, I think we can all agree: snacks are life. When my friends at Sabra asked me to create a healthy snack recipe, I decided to create a sushi-inspired Hummus Cucumber Bite with Pickled Ginger.
Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this healthy snack recipe takes just minutes to make. Hummus is mixed together in a bowl with soy sauce and sesame oil before before piped onto cucumber slices using a simple plastic bag.
For crunch and tanginess, I top each piece with pickled ginger and black roasted sesame seeds. Scallions would be great sprinkled on top as well!
While we typically eat these as a snack either after the gym or after school, they are beautiful and tasty enough to serve at a party.
What is your favorite healthy snack recipe? I’d love to hear from you.
No forks required.
Cucumber Hummus Bites with Pickled Ginger
- 1 English cucumber (sliced in rounds)
- 16 tablespoons Sabra Original Hummus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons pickled ginger ((about 16 pieces))
- black roasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Place cucumber slices on a large platter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hummus, soy sauce and sesame oil. Carefully scrape entire mixture into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut off a small tip at one corner for piping.
- Working one piece at a time, pipe about 1 tablespoon of the hummus mixture on to each cucumber piece. Top each with a piece of pickled ginger and sprinkle with black roasted sesame seeds to serve.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy snack recipes!
My boyfriend was diagnosed with diabetes so I was in search of a healthy appetizer and this recipe was perfect. I used spicey hummus and paired with the pickled ginger, it gave it a great kick. And don’t skip the toasted seasame seeds. They add a wonderful flavor!
Oh I’m so glad!! I just love these as well!
I love this idea! These look delicious!
These are such pretty little bites. Perfect for entertaining.
I also always have cucumbers in my fridge and now we will (hopefully) have tons from our garden! These are so easy and look sooo good! Must make.
I do too!! I hope you love it!
These are SO unique! LOVE all the flavors!
This looks like a really satisfying snack.
I love pickled ginger, so these are a definite must-make this summer!
These look like a delicious, simple, and healthy snack bite!
You KNOW I am high-fiving this flavor combo. Brilliant!
These are such a great summer entertaining idea!