These sweet and savory Indian-Spiced Mixed Nuts are full of warm spices including cinnamon, cardamom and brown sugar. Perfect for snacking, entertaining or gifting.
One of my favorite holiday traditions is getting in the kitchen to create edible gifts to hand out to our very large extended family on Christmas Eve. The big event takes place at my mom’s house and we usually host close to 35 family members including 12 kids under the age of 13.
Coming from a long line of foodies, it probably doesn’t surprise you that I’m not the only one handing out edible gifts. In fact, every year I bank on getting a fresh jar of my Aunt Paula’s Clarified Butter (Ghee) or, as we call it, Syrian butter.
I’m also desperate to try my friend Ali’s genius version involving graham crackers. I mean seriously…. !!!
This year I’m changing it up and enlisting the help of my 3 year old Sous Chef who absolutely loves to “help Mama cook.” We are making big batches of my sweet, salty and slightly spicy Indian-Spiced Mixed Nuts which couldn’t be a more kid-friendly recipe if I tried. The recipe is embarrassingly easy and the end result is absurdly delicious and addictive.
If Indian flavors aren’t your jam, get creative and make your own favorite spice blend. These nuts would be just as delicious with a little smoked paprika and sea salt, cinnamon and brown sugar or olive oil and rosemary. The options are endless.
No forks required.
Indian Spiced Nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and have a baking pan ready to use.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil with brown sugar and all spices (garam masala through cayenne.)
- Add nuts to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Lay spice-coated nuts in an even layer on baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing once half way through the cooking process.
- Serve warm or store in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.