Lebanese chicken soup is ready in no time thanks to the instant pot. Filled with chick peas, lemon juice, cinnamon and spinach, this chicken soup recipe is naturally gluten free.
While I enjoy my mom’s chicken soup all year round, it is most definitely soup season right now in Michigan so I’ve been making this Lebanese version regularly lately!!
So far I’m still not an expert but one thing is for sure: cooking soup in an Instant Pot is a sure fire way add depth of flavor and richness to the soup.
Similar to the slow cooker, it’s truly a one pot meal – you just dump everything in and press “SOUP!” While it does still take a good amount of time (30 minutes to cook plus 30 minutes for the steam to release, plus time for warming up) it is fairly hands off and easy.
Whether you make this soup on the stove top, with a slow cooker or in the Instant Pot, just make this soup! You’re going to love the warm cinnamon, hearty chickpeas and bright lemon juice in each bite.
Your spoon is waiting.
Instant Pot Lebanese Chicken Soup
- 2 large carrots (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 15 ounces cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 six-ounce chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 8 cups baby spinach
- Place the carrots, onions, celery and chick peas in the bottom of the liner pot. Top with chicken breasts then add cinnamon, garlic powder, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Close the lid, make sure the vent is closed then press "SOUP". Once the timer goes off, release the pressure naturally using NPR. This may take up to 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid then carefully shred the chicken breasts using two forks. Stir in the spinach before serving, stirring it for 1-2 minutes or until it's wilted. Check for seasoning and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice to taste.
I have so many more Lebanese recipes on my Pinterest board. Check them out for yourself!