This light and refreshing Italian Chopped Salad with Tuna, Artichokes & Cannellini Beans is bursting with flavor and packed with protein to give you energy all afternoon long.
This might sound a little crazy but I am so happy to see January! As someone who has achieved weight loss success and is working off those last 10 pounds for the third time, I need all of the support I can get. Let’s just say…December felt a little lonely.
Friends and family frequently reach out to me this time of year asking for practical tips and advice for living a healthier lifestyle.
As you know, January is the month of good intentions but so often our lofty goals and ambitions quickly become overwhelming and out-of-reach. Fast forward a couple of weeks and we’ve all but given up and quit. To help pay it forward and help all of you reach your goals, I will be sharing a few of my tried and true strategies for making long-term healthy lifestyle changes throughout the entire month.
First up: let’s talk about lunch. When you meal plan for the week, do you consider what you’ll be eating beyond dinner? Please friends, don’t forget to plan out lunch for the week.
It can be as simple as planning to make a double batch of soup for dinner one night so you’ll have leftovers the next day. By taking 10-15 minutes on a Sunday to get a plan in place you are one step closer to achieving little victories all week long.
Italian Chopped Salad with Tuna, Artichokes & Cannellini Beans is ideal for prepping ahead on the weekends and enjoying throughout the week. To keep the veggies from wilting, simply wait until you are ready to serve before tossing with lemon juice and olive oil.
Lunch is easy enough, right? You’ve got this. Keep me posted – we can do this together.
Your fork is waiting.
Italian Chopped Salad with Cannellini Beans
- 8 cups romaine (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 red pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 8 ounces tuna in water (drained)
- 8 canned artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 juice of lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all salad ingredients (romaine through cannellini beans) in a large bowl.
- Drizzle bowl with olive oil and lemon juice then use a pair of tongs to toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.