Confession: I would rather slit my wrists than eat the same turkey sandwich every day for lunch. Don’t get me wrong, I love a tasty sandwich but I get bored eating the same lunch every single day.
For extra creaminess and added protein, I mix the mayo with Greek yogurt. Combine it with dill pickles and Dijon for added kick with very few extra calories. Red peppers and celery pack the meal with extra Vitamin C – just in time for cold season.
Your lettuce cup is waiting.
Healthy Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups
- 5 oz tuna (chunk light in water)
- 1/2 c red pepper (diced)
- 2 tbs red onion (minced)
- 1/4 c celery (diced)
- 2 tbs dill pickles (minced)
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt (0% plain)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- cups Iceburg lettuce - to serve
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Serve in iceburg lettuce cups.