Ready in 5 minutes, this satisfying no-cook Avocado toast breakfast is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats – perfect for busy mornings or an easy lunch.
Of course, I had to create a smoothie (I decided to whip up this Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie) and you already know about those creamy and delicious Overnight Oats with Fresh Fruit and Honey but what could I share for those with a savory tooth without the ability to cook an egg or fry a slice of bacon?
Avocado toast to the rescue! No lie: I probably eat avocado toast once or twice a week. I love spreading it on toast with a sprinkle of sea salt and cilantro sprigs or in a simple avocado egg sandwich.
To make this a fast and easy recipe, I decided to incorporate cottage cheese which wouldn’t require turning on the stove or oven. Cottage cheese not only adds great flavor and texture but it turns a snack into a complete meal by adding protein, calcium and 7 other vitamins and nutrients.
The bottom line? These toasts will leave you satisfied and won’t have you searching your purse for a Twix bar an hour later.
No fork required.
Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
- 8 slices hearty whole grain bread
- 2 cups cottage cheese low fat
- 1 ripe California avocado sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Lay bread slices out on a large cutting board and top each one with ¼ cup of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top cottage cheese with avocado and tomato slices then season with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut bread slices in half and serve.
Need Some More Options? Check out my other Avocado Toast Recipes:
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, HAM AND ARUGULA
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH RADISH AND COTIJA CHEESE
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH TURKEY AND EGG
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy breakfast ideas!