Ready in 5 minutes, this satisfying no-cook Avocado toast breakfast is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats – perfect for busy mornings or an easy lunch.
No lie: I probably eat this once or twice a week. I love spreading it on bread with a sprinkle of sea salt and cilantro sprigs or in a simple avocado egg sandwich.
To make this a fast and easy recipe, I decided to incorporate cottage cheese which wouldn’t require turning on the stove or oven.
What bread works best with avocado toast?
Either a crusty or whole-grain bread works best.
Additions / Substitutions:
Adding cottage cheese to avocado toast not only adds great flavor and texture but it turns a snack into a complete meal by adding protein, calcium, and 7 other vitamins and nutrients. Other options to add to avocado toast beyond tomato would be to have thin slices of red onion. That would make this taste more amazing than it already is. Bacon strips are also an option as well.
If you’re not a fan of cottage cheese spreadable cheese with chives would be a good substitute.
Alternative recipes with avocado:
Need Some More Options? Check out my other Avocado Recipes:
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, HAM AND ARUGULA
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH RADISH AND COTIJA CHEESE
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH TURKEY AND EGG
The bottom line? These recipes will leave you satisfied and won’t have you searching your purse for a Twix bar an hour later.
No fork required.
Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese & Tomatoes 🥑
- 8 slices hearty (whole grain bread)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (low fat)
- 1 ripe California avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- Lay bread slices out on a large cutting board and top each one with ¼ cup of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top cottage cheese with avocado and tomato slices then season with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut bread slices in half and serve.
What types of bread work best with Avocado Toast?Either a crusty or whole-grain bread works best.
How does cottage cheese on avocado toast taste?Cottage cheese not only adds great flavor and texture but it turns a snack into a complete meal by adding protein, calcium and 7 other vitamins and nutrients.