Ready in 5 minutes, this satisfying no-cook Avocado toast breakfast is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats – perfect for busy mornings or an easy lunch.
No lie: I probably eat this once or twice a week. I love spreading it on bread with a sprinkle of sea salt and cilantro sprigs or in a simple avocado egg sandwich.
To make this a fast and easy recipe, I decided to incorporate cottage cheese which wouldn’t require turning on the stove or oven.
What types of bread work best with Avocado Toast?
Either a crusty or whole-grain bread works best.
How does cottage cheese on avocado toast taste?
Cottage cheese not only adds great flavor and texture but it turns a snack into a complete meal by adding protein, calcium and 7 other vitamins and nutrients.
The bottom line? These recipes will leave you satisfied and won’t have you searching your purse for a Twix bar an hour later.
No fork required.
Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese & Tomatoes
- 8 slices hearty whole grain bread
- 2 cups cottage cheese low fat
- 1 ripe California avocado sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Lay bread slices out on a large cutting board and top each one with ¼ cup of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top cottage cheese with avocado and tomato slices then season with another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut bread slices in half and serve.
Need Some More Options? Check out my other Avocado Recipes:
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG, HAM AND ARUGULA
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH RADISH AND COTIJA CHEESE
- AVOCADO TOAST WITH TURKEY AND EGG