Ready in 5 minutes, this satisfying no-cook avocado toast breakfast is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats – perfect for busy mornings or an easy lunch.
Why is it that so many people skip breakfast? It’s my favorite meal of the day! Well no more; this simple and quick Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes is not only delicious, but it doesn’t require any cooking, so you can make it and take it on the go.
- Whole grain bread: Hearty enough to hold the weight of the ingredients as well as flavorful.
- Cottage cheese: Adds great flavor and texture, as well as protein, calcium, and vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado: Naturally rich in flavor and creamy in texture, it’s also a huge source of protein, fiber, and vitamin C.
- Tomato: A bit sweet, juicy, and chalk full of vitamins.
- Red onion: Mild enough to eat raw, but strong enough to add a zing of sharp flavor.
How to Make Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
Start you Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes by slicing and toasting your whole grain bread.
Then cut your fresh avocado in half and slice into thin slices, and slice your tomatoes.
Spread cottage cheese evenly on each slice.
Season with a bit of salt and pepper, then layer with tomato slices.
Top the tomatoes with avocado slices.
And a pinch more of salt and pepper.
Finish your toast by thinly slicing red onion and adding to the top of your toast.
Enjoy your delicious breakfast of Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes.
Additions / Substitutions:
- Up the protein. Bacon strips would taste great, or use bacon bits to keep it a “no cook” meal.
- Switch the cheese. If you’re not a fan of cottage cheese, spreadable cheese with chives would be a good substitute.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What bread works best with avocado toast?
In my opinion, either a crusty or whole-grain bread works best.
How does cottage cheese on avocado toast taste?
Cottage cheese not only adds great flavor and texture but it turns a snack into a complete meal by adding protein, calcium, and 7 other vitamins and nutrients.
How do you keep cut avocado from turning brown?
Keep the pit! By keeping the pit with the avocado and putting it in an airtight container in the fridge, you can slow the browning. You can also sprinkle it with lime juice!
More Delicious Breakfast
- Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
- Blueberry Ginger Peach Smoothie
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Cheese and Veggie Baked Egg Cups
Did you try this breakfast dish and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Avocado toast is a great quick, easy breakfast; no more excused for skipping this important meal! And it’ll keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
No fork required.
Avocado Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes
- 8 slices whole grain bread (toasted)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (low fat)
- 1 ripe California avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper (to taste)
- Lay toasted bread slices out on a large cutting board and top each one with ¼ cup of cottage cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top cottage cheese with avocado, tomato slices, and red onion slices, then season with another pinch of salt and pepper. Serve.