The perfect cocktail recipe for entertaining or date night-in, these spicy jalapeño margaritas are sweet, sour and slightly spicy.
These spicy margaritas are made with fresh squeezed orange juice, tangy lime juice and jalapeño infused simple syrup. We served them over the rocks but they would be just as delicious blended.
No fresh oranges on hand? Triple sec is a great alternative but if you do decide to swap it out, be sure to reduce the amount of tequila. Or not. Your choice.
Ideal for entertaining, make a big batch of these margaritas the day before and relax on the day of your party. The mixture will keep in your refrigerator up to three days.
Your straw is waiting.
Spicy Jalapeño Margaritas
- 1 cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 cup lime juice
- 8 ounces tequila
- coarse salt and sugar optional rim
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- To prepare simple syrup, microwave water, sugar and jalapeño slice in a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes; strain and discard the jalapeño and set syrup aside to let cool to room temperature.
- In a large pitcher, stir together orange juice, lime juice, tequila and cooled simple syrup.
- To create a sugar/salt rim, place 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup kosher salt on a plate. Moisten the rim of four glasses with lime juice and carefully run the rim in the sugar/salt mixture.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour margarita mixture evenly into each one. Serve with additional lime wedges if you wish.a
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl