These lime scented baked corn tortilla chips are light and crunchy, the ultimate healthy snack recipe!
We hold on to summer vacation with all our might here in Michigan. In fact, our kids don’t return to school until after Labor Day! It’s pretty fantastic. Of course, as much as I pretend September is still light years away, I know it’s right around the corner.
This is a very special back-to-school for our family as our youngest is entering preschool for the first time and our oldest is off to Kindergarten! To help ease our way into a new routine, I decided to create a healthier tortilla chip recipe for my boys to dip into their favorite snack of all time: Sabra hummus.
These lime and sea salt baked tortilla chips are super crunchy which makes them ideal for scooping up creamy hummus. Packed with 4 grams of plant-based protein and 3 grams of fiber, I am a huge fan of the portable single serve containers that I can toss into their lunch bags on our way out the door.
Even if you aren’t heading off to school, it’s always nice to let someone else do the portion control for you. Be sure to grab a $2.00 off coupon here!
If you’ve never tried baking your own tortilla chips, I urge you to give it a try. A simple brush of olive oil and about 20 minutes in a hot oven is all you need for perfectly browned, crunchy and crispy tortilla chips. Better yet? You can make a big batch on the weekend and they will last up to 7 days in an air-tight container.
No forks required.
Lime Baked Tortilla Chips with Sea Salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime zest and juice of
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Using a pizza slicer, cut tortillas into 8 triangles by cutting in quarters then eighths; place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and salt over tortilla triangles and mix well so all tortillas are evenly coated in oil and salt.
- Divide tortillas evenly between both baking sheets and spread out so that they are in an even layer. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle chips with lime zest and lime juice before serving with hummus or dip of choice.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy snack recipes!