Protein-packed pancakes with oats and blueberries to give you lasting energy throughout the morning. Great post-workout!
It’s almost noon and I’m not starving. As a nursing mama who exercises regularly, my life pretty much revolves around my next meal. Today’s recipe is my latest attempt at creating a protein-packed breakfast that gets my metabolism running but doesn’t leave me empty in a matter of hours. We are now 3 hours and counting so I would say, mission accomplished!
Even more thrilling? My husband said these pancakes were the best part of his weekend.
Your fork is waiting.
Oatmeal Protein Powder Blueberry Pancakes
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash bananas with vanilla, egg whites and milk.
- Stir in oats, protein powder, baking powder, flax, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with oil.
- Pour batter ¼ c at a time to form pancakes.
- Sprinkle pancakes with blueberries before flipping. The cakes are ready to turn when bubbles form.
- Once flipped, cook for an additional 2 minutes on the 2nd side or until browned.