Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is a simple, five-ingredient side dish recipe loaded with flavor and full of health benefits.
Ready or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Are you ready? If not, I’ve got a 5-ingredient holiday side dish recipe that is not only packed with flavor but easy to make: Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
As I mentioned when I shared my Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeño Caper Vinaigrette recipe recently, I always sign up to bring a vegetable dish during the holidays. Since I know there will be no shortage of indulgent classics like stuffing, mashed potatoes, marshmallow topped sweet potatoes and more, I like to be sure and bring at least one dish that is easier on the waistline.
Well guess what always happens? Everyone thanks me profusely for introducing a vegetable to the holiday table and it’s usually the first dish to be finished in the buffet. As an added bonus, these Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are naturally gluten free and paleo-friendly. Boom.
Your fork is waiting.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts stemmed and halved or quartered - depending on size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 slices bacon sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced parsley optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Add Brussels to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer between both pans and roast until brown and caramelized, about 40 minutes, moving the Brussels around with a spatula once about halfway through.
- While the Brussels are roasting, sauté bacon slices in a frying pan until crispy. Reserve on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Remove roasted Brussels from the oven and place in a large serving platter. Sprinkle cooked bacon and lemon juice on top to serve. Garnish with fresh parsley.
For other great recipes check out these sites!
Devour: Thanksgiving Side Dishes That’ll Hold Up to Reheating
Foodtastic Mom: French Style Sweet Potato Soufflé
Feed Me Phoebe: Gluten-Free Stuffing with Vegan “Creamed Spinach” and Leeks
The Hungry Traveler: Loaded Smashed Potatoes
Healthy Eats: 7 Lighter Takes on Essential Thanksgiving Sides
Dishin & Dishes: Bacon Wrapped Butternut Squash Wedges
The Mediterranean Dish: Jeweled Couscous with Pomegranate and Lentils
The Fed Up Foodie: Festive Orange Spinach Salad
A Mind “Full” Mom: Parmesan Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Creative Culinary: Golden Onion Casserole with Thyme and Toasted Bread Rounds
Swing Eats: Creamed Spinach
Taste with the Eyes: It’s Back – The Stuffing Everyone Loves!
In Jennie’s Kitchen: Pan Seared Cauliflower
FN Dish: Stovetop vs. Oven-Baked: Battle of the Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl