This famous “bacon-in-every-bite” potato salad recipe, will have your friends begging you to make this addictive side dish again and again!
After years of requests, I am so happy to finally share my Aunt Paula’s infamous “bacon-in-every-bite” potato salad recipe!
This addictive potato salad recipe has it all: crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, crunchy red onions, and a sweet and tangy dressing. To make this potato salad even more special, I used The Little Potato Company’s Boomer Gold variety known for its delicate golden skin, velvety flesh, and naturally buttery flavor.
What’s even better is that the potatoes come pre-washed and pre-peeled so I can get right to cooking when I get in my kitchen! While this is optional, I like to add a pinch of Kosher salt when I’m boiling the potatoes. This results in a more developed flavor than if I were to just add the salt at the end.
Smoky bacon balances perfectly with the simple dressing made with pantry staples like mayo, mustard, sugar, and vinegar.
This dish can be served warm, room temp or chilled – whichever you prefer. Ideal for feeding a crowd, it’s always the first dish to go at every family gathering, potluck or party.
Your fork is waiting.
Potato Salad with Bacon and Egg
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs hard-boiled
- 16 Boomer Gold or other Little Potato Company Creamer variety halved
- 1 medium red onion diced
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup scallions minced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place bacon slices in a single layer on a cooling rack placed inside a baking sheet. If you don’t have a cooling rack, simply line the baking sheet with foil before placing bacon on top. Bake until bacon is crispy, around 15 minutes.
- While bacon is baking, cook the potatoes by placing them in a pan then covering with cold water. Boil until fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Follow this tutorial to hard boil the eggs to your desired doneness. Let eggs cool enough to peel then chop into bite-sized pieces. Place cooked potatoes in a large bowl along with diced, cooked eggs.
- Remove bacon from oven and chop into small pieces. Add to the bowl along with the potatoes and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing: mayo, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over the potatoes, bacon and eggs then toss to coat. Sprinkle in scallions before serving. Can be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
Want more satisfying salad recipes? Head on over to my Pinterest board!