Creamy cannellini beans, caramelized roasted garlic and tangy Greek yogurt are pureed to create this crowd-pleasing Roasted Garlic Bean Dip.
Spring entertaining season is in full force here in my house which means we will be having more guests over for dinner parties, hosting more family gatherings and celebrating back to back holidays starting with St. Patrick’s Day and moving on to Easter, Greek Easter and Passover. We don’t miss a reason to celebrate here in our muti-cultural household, that’s for sure.
Whenever I host guests, I like to have a light and healthy appetizer ready when they first arrive. The protein in the yogurt and beans combined with the fiber in the veggies and whole grain chips makes this the ideal pre-meal snack.
Recently, I had family over for a casual St. Patrick’s Day dinner and wanted an easy make-ahead dip to hold hungry toddlers (and adults!) over until the corned beef was ready. Sweet, caramelized roasted garlic added loads of flavor to the tangy Greek yogurt and creamy cannellini beans. Protein-packed and ready in just minutes, I will be making this dip again and again for snacking or to spread on bread for sandwiches in leui of mayo.
What are your favorite make-ahead appetizers or snacks? I’d love to hear from you.
No forks required.
White Bean and Roasted Garlic Dip
- 1 head garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 2 15- ounce cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of the garlic head to expose all of the cloves then place in the center of a large square of tin foil.
- Drizzle garlic cloves with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Wrap tightly with the foil and place in oven for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Gently squeeze out caramelized roasted garlic and place directly in a food processor.
- Add drained beans, yogurt, remaining olive oil, salt, lemon juice and pepper to the food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 7 days.