Made with just three simple ingredients, these vegan roasted garlic hummus mashed potatoes are creamy and delicious. Perfect for entertaining!
As the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to change color, I find myself getting more and more excited about all of the upcoming holiday celebrations and parties.
One party I’m particularly excited for is a Friendsgiving celebration my friend Kristy is hosting later this fall. A bit more relaxed and informal, I’m looking forward to the opportunity of switching up and putting my own spin on a few of the traditional Thanksgiving dishes including mashed potatoes.
As a mom of two hungry little boys, I always have a container or two of Sabra hummus stashed in my refrigerator which is exactly what inspired these Roasted Garlic Hummus Mashed Potatoes.
Naturally vegan, creamy and flavor-packed, you simply stir the hummus into potatoes you’ve boiled and mashed with a little olive oil and milk. Any type of milk works so feel free to keep the dish vegan by using almond or cashew milk. Want to make it extra indulgent? Use half and half or whole cow’s milk.
One of the best parts about Friendsgiving is that just about anything goes. The great thing about forming new traditions is that you can play around in the kitchen by using unexpected ingredients like hummus to put a fun and flavorful twist on the classics.
Don’t have roasted garlic hummus on hand? Any flavor will work! I plan to try this recipe out with roasted red pepper, supremely spicy and original as well.
Before serving, sprinkle with minced parsley and drizzle with a little extra olive oil. After all, it’s the holidays. We can all use a little extra indulgence this time of year.
Need more Friendsgiving inspiration? Sabra wants to help you bring your friends together for an unforgettable Friendsgiving. Visit their Pinterest board for recipes, décor, ideas and more inspiration here.
Vegan Roasted Garlic Hummus Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (halved)
- 10 ounces Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus (or flavor of choice)
- 1 cup milk (any kind you wish such as almond or cow's milk)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place halved potatoes in a large stock pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil then simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Strain potatoes then return to the pot.
- Add olive oil to the warm potatoes then, using a potato masher, begin mashing the potatoes. Slowly add in the milk and continue mashing. Note: you may also pulse in a food processor for a smoother consistency.
- Once the potatoes are mashed, stir in the hummus. Check for seeasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Return pot to a medium heat and cook until potatoes are warmed through, about 2-3 minutes. Serve warm.
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term relationship with Sabra. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting The Lemon Bowl. Photography by Arrae Creative.
Want more delicious side dish recipes? Check out my Pinterest!