This tart, refreshing, and slightly sweet Seabreeze cocktail recipe will transport you to a warm ocean breeze after a single sip. Made with fresh grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, and lime juice, it tastes great with either vodka or gin.
Classic, simple, and refreshing, a Seabreeze Cocktail is perfect for sipping poolside or on the beach. Living in Michigan, where we can have some pretty intense winters, it’s also perfect for sipping at home in the cold to transport you to warmer days. Honestly, it’s a great drink for any season.
- Cranberry juice: A little tart, a little sweet, very delicious.
- Pink grapefruit juice: Bright, acidic, and a little sour.
- Lime juice: Pairs great with the acidic grapefruit juice and sweet cranberry juice.
- Gin: Made from juniper berries, it has a slight herbal taste and earthy undertones.
- Club soda: A fizzy way to finish the drink and balance the flavors. Can be left out for a stronger, more intense drink.
How to Make a Seabreeze Cocktail
Start by filling four tall glasses with ice, and putting ice in a cocktail shaker. Then pour the cranberry juice into the shaker as well.
Add your grapefruit juice, fresh or store bought works well.
Then add the lime juice; I highly recommend using freshly squeezed.
Finish filling your shaker with either gin or vodka. While a classic Seabreeze is made with vodka, personally, I prefer gin.
Give everything a good shake, mixing all of the ingredients well.
Strain evenly into the four glasses with ice.
If you’re feeling fancy, add whole cranberries and slices of grapefruit to your glasses as a garnish.
Top off with some club soda, my favorite is La Croix.
Serve and enjoy this delicious, refreshing Seabreeze Cocktail.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What’s the difference between vodka and gin?
Vodka has a more neutral flavor, while gin has an almost herbal taste that pairs nicely with this cocktail.
What’s the difference between a sea breeze and a bay breeze?
Just swap the cranberry juice out for pineapple juice and you have a bay breeze instead of a sea breeze cocktail.
What if I don’t have a cocktail shaker?
You can use a blender bottle, a travel mug, or a mason jar.
More Delicious Cocktails
- Rosemary and Gin Grapefruit Cocktail
- Lemon Basil Wine Spritzer
- Skinny Grapefruit Margarita
- Sparkling Pomegranate Mimosas
- Apple Cider Sangria
Did you try this cocktail? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
Whether you use gin or vodka, or mix things up and use pineapple juice instead of cranberry, this Seabreeze Cocktail is a sure way to lift your spirits and help you relax.
Your straw is waiting.
Seabreeze Cocktail Recipe
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 5 ounces vodka (or gin)
- club soda or sparkling water (to top)
- whole cranberries, grapefruit wedges or lime slices (optional garnish)
- Fill four tall cocktail glasses with ice and set aside.
- Add ice to fill a cocktail shaker half way full, the pour in the cranberry, grapefruit and lime juice as well as the vodka. Shake well, for at least 30 seconds, before filling each glass 2/3 full.
- Top each with club soda, stir once, then garnish to serve.