This fast and easy pasta recipe is quick, spicy and delicious. Made with common pantry ingredients, the whole meal comes together in less than 15 minutes!
Summertime makes this Michigan gal very happy. Not only are the days getting longer (it stays light well past 9 PM these days!) but the temps are finally starting to warm up. In our family, that means mealtime can head outdoors once again.
And if you have small toddlers like I do, you know how miraculous it is to keep the mess of mealtime outside! Beyond that, everyone is just happier outdoors with the warm sun and fresh air. It’s a fact. Ok, the frequent ice cream treats don’t hurt either.
By combining a few high flavor pantry samples like briny capers, kalamata olives and tuna packed in olive oil, you are less than 15 minutes from a pasta dish that can be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
Save even more time by making a batch ahead of time for enjoying throughout the week at lunch or for hosting last-minute house guests. Add a green salad, crusty bread and a bottle of vino and you’re in business.
Your fork is waiting.
Spicy Tuna Pasta Puttanesca
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 15 pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
- 2 5 ounce cans tuna
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti (prepared according to package instructions reserving 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking liquid)
- ¼ cup minced Italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese (to serve)
- Pre-heat a large, 2-inch skillet over medium high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Add anchovy paste and chili flakes to the hot pan and stir to release flavors, about 60 seconds.
- Stir in garlic and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds, before stirring in the sliced kalamata olives and capers.
- Remove pan from heat and toss in tuna and warm, cooked pasta along with reserved starchy cooking liquid.
- Add minced parsley and toss once again before checking for seasoning. Adjust accordingly with salt or pepper as needed.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
Want more fast and easy dinner recipes? Join me on Pinterest!