Rice noodles are tossed in a creamy Thai peanut sauce to create this naturally gluten-free side dish. Made with fresh ginger, garlic, and lime juice, these peanut sauce noodles are delicious warm, cold or room temperature.
In this Post: Everything you need for Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles
Between the countless BBQs, pool parties and other outdoor entertaining activities this time of year, it seems I never have enough potluck recipes to feed a crowd. While I appreciate a good potato or pasta salad as much as the next gal, I love coming up with modern spins on the classic.
Bursting with traditional Thai flavors and naturally gluten-free, these peanut sauce noodles are easy to make and great for prepping ahead of time. Made with fragrant ginger, fresh lime juice, toasted sesame oil and creamy peanut butter, each bite is perfectly balanced in flavor.
Carrots are in season right now so I love shredded them up to add crunch and fiber but feel free to add whatever fresh vegetables you have on hand. Red pepper strips, grated zucchini or shredded cabbage would be great as well.
Ideal for prepping ahead of time, this makes an ideal busy weeknight dinner when topped with grilled chicken, shrimp or pork. The options are endless.
Your chopsticks are waiting.
Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles
- 8 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup minced scallions
Thai Peanut Sauce
- ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic – grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste – optional
- minced cilantro and chopped peanuts – optional garnish
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions and set aside.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the Thai Peanut Sauce ingredients (peanut butter through chili paste).
- Toss in the cooked rice noodles, shredded carrots and scallions until evenly coated.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled with minced cilantro and chopped peanuts if you wish.