These tender baked turkey meatballs are made with fresh guacamole and smoky chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Everyone loves meat on a stick.. you guys made that loud and clear when I recently shared my Thai Beef Satay Skewers! Well, guess what? I’ve got more for you this week with these tender and addictive five-ingredient baked turkey meatballs!
Made with lean ground turkey, fresh Sabra guacamole, chipotle peppers and garlic… three of these baked meatballs are just 99 calories! Who said game day snacking can’t be healthy?
Which leads me to our week 5 challenge of the Healthy New Year Six-Week Challenge: Healthy Game Day Snacking! As a reminder, in week 1 we covered protein-packed breakfasts, week 2 was all about ethnic eats, in week 3 we challenged you to use a new type of protein and in week 4 we used lemon to reduce sodium.
The good news? It’s not too late to join the Healthy New Year Six-Week Challenge! Head on over to our Healthy New Year 6-Week Challenge Facebook page today and join the close to 1,000 who have already committed to healthier living. Be sure to tag me (@TheLemonBowl) and Dara (@CookinCanuck) on social media along with #HealthyNewYear so we can rally behind you!
In the meantime, the next time you’re at the store grab a container of Sabra’s guacamole and try using it as an ingredient in your next batch of meatballs. The healthy fats in the avocados keep the lean turkey from drying out without having to fry them in oil. Made with fresh garlic, onions and lime juice, the meatballs come out juicy and delicious every single time.
Your fork is waiting.
Baked Turkey Meatballs with Guacamole
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Sabra guacamole plus additional for dipping spicy or original
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced – remove seeds to keep on the mild side
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients: ground turkey through salt. Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, form meatballs and place in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until golden browned, about 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve meatballs on a platter with toothpicks and extra guacamole for dipping.
Disclosure: We are honored to have Sabra as a sponsor of this week’s #HealthyNewYear challenge. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
You can find more Healthy and Easy Dinner Ideas on my Pinterest page!