Sweet potatoes are thinly sliced into chips, tossed with olive oil and seasoning, then air-fried until crispy! This healthy snack recipe is kid-friendly and perfect for on-the-go munching.
Do you struggle to find healthy snacks that are easy to grab on the go? That’s something I used to find difficult as well. But I have since worked on a number of snacks I can munch on and feel good about, including these delicious Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips.
- Sweet potatoes: As the name implies, they’re naturally sweet as well as healthy! They’re rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6, among other nutrients and minerals.
- Seasoned salt: A delicious spice, also called seasoning salt, typically made up of salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and parsley.
- Kosher salt: With larger, coarser grains than typical salt, kosher salt helps to bring out natural flavor rather than make something taste “salty.”
- Garlic powder: Adds a yummy, garlicky flavor without making the chips ultra salty.
- Cayenne: A great addition if you like a little bit of kick to your snacks. Can be reduced or omitted if spicy food isn’t your thing.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
Start by thinly slicing your sweet potatoes. If you have a mandolin, this is a great time to use it. Otherwise, carefully use a knife. The thinner, the crispier.
Next, put your sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
Sprinkle in the seasoned salt and kosher salt and give them a good toss.
Then sprinkle in the garlic powder and cayenne and give it another good toss.
Lay your chips into a single layer before popping them into the air fryer for about 14 minutes. You’ll want to do this in batches, so as to not overcrowd them.
Once your chips are crispy and crunchy, they’re done and ready to be taken out.
Grab and enjoy this healthy, guilt-free snack.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I store these chips?
Kept in a sealed reusable bag or air-tight container, they should last for 3 days.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
You could also make these in the oven, but it will usually take more time to get the crispy, crunch of a chip.
Why are my air-fried chips soggy?
If your chips don’t come out crisp, pop them back in. All air fryers are going to be a little different, so while 14 minutes is perfect with mine, you might need to cook yours longer.
More Healthy Snacks
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers
- Nut Free Protein Bars
- Black Bean Dip
Did you try these chips? The next time you make them, snap a picture and share it to your socials. Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your snack.
If chips are your go-to or guilty pleasure, feel guilty no more. These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips are going to be your new favorite snack.
No fork required.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, carefully cut the sweet potato into ⅛-¼-inch slices. Place the potato slices in a medium bowl then drizzle with olive oil and spices. Toss well then spread in a single layer to "fry" the potato chips. You'll want to do this In batches so as not to crowd the potatoes.
- Air fry for 14 minutes or until crispy.