These chocolate peanut butter energy balls are full of protein and fiber to keep you full between meals and give you a pre or post-workout boost.
When you live with two growing boys as I do, there is no such thing as having too many snacks in the house. Am I right? Of course, the primary battle is having plenty of healthy and nutritious options available which is why I have created these rich, chewy, and delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls.
Full of protein, fiber, and nutrients, they are the perfect pre or post-workout snack. Even better? I promise they will nip your chocolate peanut butter craving right in the bud.
Naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, these energy balls are naturally vegan and gluten-free. Bananas are one of my son’s favorite snacks and as a result, we always seem to have them in the house. Perhaps it’s the inner-hoarder in me but I am always buying a few more than we need which results in perfectly ripe leftover bananas each week.
Secretly, I am thrilled, because ripe bananas are one of my favorite ways to naturally sweeten oatmeal, smoothies, muffins and more.
How long do energy balls last in the refrigerator?
They will stay fresh for up to 7 days – if they last that long!
Recipes utilizing leftover bananas:
- Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal
- Blueberry Oat Protein Pancakes
- Carrot Apple Ginger Green Smoothie
Your ripe bananas are waiting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Mash banana in a medium bowl and add in cocoa powder, peanut butter, flax, protein powder and a pinch of sea salt.
- Continue to mash with fork until all ingredients are fully combined. (May seem dry at first but keep mashing!)
- Stir in oats using a rubber spatula to combine edges of the bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scooper or two teaspoons, form into 12 balls and place on a plate lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap.
There are more healthy snack options on my Pinterest board!